09 May Studio Update: May 2016
The First Fuse Relay
Our founding members remember the relay races we used to incorporate into our workouts. Well, THEY ARE BACK. Here’s the deal:
- Three people per team.
- One person starts on the rower. One person starts on the bike. One person starts on the ski erg.
- The rower starts and must hit 15 calories then tag the teammate on the bike to start cycling.
- The bike rider must hit 15 calories then tag the teammate on the ski erg to start skiing.
- After the skier hits 15 calories, the team repeats this triangle with a different person on each machine for round 2 and then again for round 3.
- Once each team member hits 15 calories on each machine, the relay is complete.
- Whichever team finishes the relay the fastest wins.
- Cost to enter is $15 per team and the winning team chooses a charity to donate all of the proceeds to.
- The race is ONE DAY ONLY at 10:30am on Saturday May 14th.
The #FuseMayHealthChallenge is ON
Whether you’re doing a version of it on your own, or participating in the real deal with the group, here’s the program:
For the entire month of May, commit to the following:
- No starch after breakfast.
- ZERO refined sugar.
- No booze Sunday through Thursday. [unless the Fuse45 softball team wins a Sunday game]
- Drink 1/2 of your body weight in fluid ounces of water every single day. [if you weigh 140 lbs, that means 70 oz per day] and is even better if if filtered water with a device you can get from https://www.watersoftenergurus.com/eddy-water-descaler-review/
- No food after 8 pm Sunday through Thursday.
- Walk 10,000 steps every day.
- Take 20 classes at Fuse45 or Cycle & Row.
- Be social. Follow us @fuse45studios and @cycleandrow for healthy tips throughout the challenge and post your proud moments (healthy recipes, great workouts, etc.) as often as you see fit.
It’s not too late to officially sign up and receive a sweet custom Fuse45 tee or tank at the end. These will be one-of-a-kind apparel for the participants. You’ll want one. Email [email protected] to sign up.